marți, 16 iulie 2013

Coffee Blues

How long must I live till I'm healed ?


  Watching outside the window,I see the rain pouring like a gray waterfall,cars rushing through the muddy streets,one or two silhouetes passing in a hurry,dull umbrellas in hands.There is a certain sadness in the air,or maybe it's melancholy?The door bells jingles and a customer slides in the coffee shop;he makes his way to the counter and orders something warm probably,then chooses a table in a dimly lit corner,under the old,lily shaped lamp.I wonder what his purpose is for being outside the house on such an ugly day.But then again,I'm here too and I don't have a particular reason for this. It just that, all of a sudden, I felt unbearably lonely in my empty apartment. The coffee cup in my hands and the blues pouring out of the speakers sooth my soul.
  I only want to know what true sorrow is. That's what the song says. Outside the rain is still falling; it doesn't seem like it will stop soon.On my way here, I almost stepped on a rose.It was red and sitting in a puddle of dirty water on the sidewalk; at that moment I thought "What a pity", now I wonder who dropped it. Or maybe it was thrown away. Was it for a lover who didn't return the feelings? Was it for a dead person? Was it for a mother? Was it for a celebration? What is the purpose of that rose's existence? What happenned with the person who owned it?
  I only want to know what true happiness is. That's what the song says. I let my gaze fall back on the customer under the lilly shaped lamp. The faint, golden light creates a halo around his slumped form; he keeps his hands around a steaming cup and his eyes hold a blank look. I wonder why he seems so sad. Life is cruel and full of hardships but it has its fair share of happiness too; I suppose the weather outside and the melancholic blues don't improve one's foul mood, so why come here if you're upset? I never understood that thing about humans, increasing the amount of sorrow in your heart. Why let it consume you when you can fight it? Something startles him; he pulls out a phone from his pocket and the blue light of the screen illumminates his face. He seems to be reading a message and it looks like it holds good news because his features relax and in his eyes a certain light dances; a faint smile spreads across his lips. He throws some money on the table, takes his still dripping umbrella and rushes outside the coffee shop with joyful moves. I watch him until he dissappears in the rain. Isn't it amazing how easy one can switch moods? From drowning in a pool of sorrow to sprinting happily in the rain because of one simple message. Heh.
  I sip the remains of my coffee, pay the bill and get out in the rain; the music fades away as I close the door. Making my way back to the apartment, I once again encounter the abandonned rose. I stare at it for a few seconds then bend over and pick it up. It's wet, but still beautiful. I smile to myself; moods really can be improved even with small things such as this flower. Suddenly, this rainy day doesn't seem so ugly anymore.


Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu