joi, 28 martie 2013

2443 endsMay


 The idea for this story came after I recieved this captcha (2443 endsMay) xD.

 The 6th of May."Another boring day,the same routine etching itself in my mind,slowly numbing it.It's almost dusk and I just came back from the library with new tomes.The only thing that keeps me sane is reading,immersing in other worlds,thirstily drinking words,soothing my fucked up soul.
 As I sit down in my usual spot in front of the main bedroom window,I notice the horizon darken.Looks like it's gonna be a storm.I like storms,the way nature unleashes its fury on humans is another thing that somehow breaks the routine.I don't bother switching on the lights,I like reading with only the remaining daylight to guide through pages and pages of magic.I like the moment when the sky melts into purple.
 I finish the first book in only two hours;terrific storyline.I already feel better.By now,the melted purple unnoticeably became a starry night sky.The storm is still around,lurking in the horizon,waiting the best moment to strike.It's like a predator,a beast circling the prey,smelling the fear and hearing its blood pumping faster and faster in its veins as adrenaline kicks in.I wonder how would the people around me react if they were attacked by bloodthirsty creatures.I chuckle at the thought of them losing control and madly trying to save their lives.Anarchy,egoism,bloodshed.As I turn the last page,something on the bottom catches my eye.Written rather remissly with a blue ballpen, is a combination of numbers and words:2443 endsMay.It gives me a rather ominous feeling but I brush it off.
 I feel my muscles numb and my back stiff.Looks like I've fallen asleep in the chair;a book lies abbandoned on the hard wood floor,another one is open and on the desk beside me.I look outside and notice the unbridled storm;cold wind slashing at trees,thunders illuminating the dark sky,heavy raindrops descending furiously.I open the window and let the icy water wet my face;it relaxes me.There's a peculiar smell in the air,something akin to smoke mixed with blood.I also notice how deserted the neighbourhood looks.There's no sound,no move."

 The girl steps outside the house and the heavy rain soaks her to the bone in no time.Even though she hates her stupid neighbours she decides to pay them a visit.All that silence has a threatening feel to it and is making her sick to the stomach.Or maybe it's the strong,disgusting odor stinging her nostrils.She knocks on several doors but nobody answers so she decides to simply enter the threshold.The first thing she sees is a woman standing stunned in front of her.Her eyes hold a blank stare and blood is dripping from her parted lips.The girl's first impulse is too grab her and check if she's still alive.And she is.She waves a hand in front of the woman's face,she shouts at her,gives her a slap but nothing wakes the unmovable person.So she slips further in the house noticing more people in the same state as the previous one.Even though she is surrounded by half dead bodies,the girl doesn't seem bothered.She goes from house to house finding the same thing everywhere:motionless people with bloody mouths. The rain seems to have stopped.
 Suddenly,a chorus of screams and terrifying yowls pierces the silence.The sudden noise shooks her to the core and she crouches down in pain,covering her ears in an attempt to lock out the orgy of shrieks and cries.After a couple of minutes it stops,just as sudden as it started.The stench of decay hits her sense of smell and nausea causes her stomach to empty itself.Staggering,she moves to the closest door and pushes open.There,with expresions of horror imprinted on their already rotting faces,are dead bodies.As she moves from house to house,all she finds are more corpses.With the corner of her eye she notices a digital clock displaying the hour:24:42.In the back of her mind an alarm rings but here senses are to numbed to understand what's going on.
 Back at the girl's house,a gust of wind seeps through the open window and ruffles the pages of a book on the desk,stopping at the last page.A stray raindrop falls upon the words written on the bottom,slightly smearing them.
 The girl just steps out of the house with the digital clock when it hits her.A pain like none before that snatches a howl of agony form her.She falls to her knees,blood gurgling from her mouth and onto the road;all her senses feel like they are on fire.She chokes on her own blood and after a few more seconds of torture everything goes black.
 The digital clock displays 24:43.




Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu